Read here for Latest Updates on Anna University Results 2014 Tamilnadu
Wireless Communications and Networks JNTU previous years question papers
Time: 3 hours
Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. (a) Describe about short message servicing?
(b) What is the number of bits in each burst of GPRS and how does it di
er from a GSM burst? [8+8]
2. (a) Explain the quality of service (QoS) requirements for adhoc networks?
(b) Name the four states that a Bluetooth terminal can take and explain the di
erence among these
3. (a) What are the eleven commands o
ered by L2CAP?
(b) Discuss the quality of service parameter in L2CAP. [8+8]
4. (a) Explain packet how if two mobile nodes communicate and both are in foreign networks. What additional router do packets take if reverse tunneling is required?
(b) What are the primary goals of the WAP forum e
orts and how are they reflected in the WAP protocol architecture? [8+8]
5. (a) Draw the con
guration of IEEE802.11 architecture?
(b) Explain the physical layer speci
cations of IEEE802.11 using infrared? [8+8]
6. CSMA is a contention access protocol with partial co-ordination among multiple
users. Explain why and how CSMA should provide better throughput performance
than ALOHA systems. Plot the throughput curves and give your comments. 
7. (a) Explain about the public switched telephone network (PSTN).
(b) Explain how a PBX may be used to provide telephone connections throughout a building. [8+8]
8. (a) Discuss the link layer characteristics of CDPD.
(b) Explain the advanced radio information system (ARDIS). [8+8]