Read Here for More Information
B.E DEGREE PROGRAMME (3 - 8 SEMESTERS)
ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
(Offered in Colleges affiliated to Anna University)
CURRICULUM AND SYLLABUS – REGULATIONS – 2004
To study the characteristics and applications of electronic devices.
To acquaint the students with construction, theory and characteristics of the following electronic devices:
i) p-n junction diode
ii) Bipolar transistor
iii) Field Effect transistor
iv) LED, LCD and other photo electronic devices.
v) Power control/regulator devices.
Theory of p-n junction – p-n junction as diode – p-n diode currents – Volt-amp characteristics – Diode resistance – Temperature effect of p-n junction – Transition and diffusion capacitance of p-n diode – Diode switching times.
Junction transistor – Transistor construction – Detailed study of currents in transistor – Input and output characteristics of CE, CB and CC configurations – Transistor hybrid model for CE configuration – Analytical expressions for transistor characteristics – Transistor switching times – Voltage rating – Power transistors.
Junction field effect transistor – Pinch off voltage – JFET volt-ampere characteristics – JFET small signal model – MOSFETS and their characteristics – FET as a variable resistor – Unijunction transistor.
Photo emissivity and photo electric theory – Theory, construction and characteristics: light emitting diodes, liquid crystal cell, seven segment display, photo conductive cell, photodiode, solar cell, photo transistor, opto couplers and laser diode.
Theory, characteristics and application: SCR, TRIAC, PUT, tunnel diode, thermistors, piezo electric devices, zener diode, charge coupled devices, varactor diode and LDR.
1. Jacob. Millman, Christos C.Halkias, ‘Electronic Devices and Circuits’, Tata McGraw Hill Publishing Limited, New Delhi, 2003.
2. David A.Bell, ‘Electronic Devices and Circuits’, Prentice Hall of India Private Limited, New Delhi, 2003.
1. Theodre. F. Boghert, ‘Electronic Devices & Circuits’, Pearson Education, VI Edition, 2003.
2. Ben G. Streetman and Sanjay Banerjee, ‘Solid State Electronic Devices’, Pearson Education, 2002 / PHI
3. Allen Mottershead, ‘Electronic Devices and Circuits – An Introduction’, Prentice Hall of India Private Limited, New Delhi, 2003.