B.E DEGREE PROGRAMME CIVIL ENGINEERING
(Offered in Colleges affiliated to Anna University)
CURRICULUM AND SYLLABUS – REGULATIONS – 2004
This course covers the design of Reinforced Concrete Structures such as Retaining Wall, Water Tanks, Staircases, Flat slabs and Principles of design pertaining to Box culverts, Mat foundation and Bridges. At the end of the course student has a comprehensive design knowledge related to structures, systems that are likely to be encountered in professional practice.
Design of cantilever and counter fort retaining walls
Underground rectangular tanks – Domes – Overhead circular and rectangular tanks – Design of staging and foundations
Design of staircases (ordinary and doglegged) – Design of flat slabs – Design of Reinforced concrete walls – Principles of design of mat foundation, box culvert and road bridges
Application of virtual work method to square, rectangular, circular and triangular slabs
Introduction, Classification of walls, Lateral supports and stability, effective height of wall and columns, effective length of walls, design loads, load dispersion, permissible stresses, design of axially and eccentrically loaded brick walls
1. Krishna Raju, N., “Design of RC Structures”, CBS Publishers and Distributors, Delhi
2. Dayaratnam, P., “Brick and Reinforced Brick Structures”, Oxford & IBH Publishing House, 1997
3. Varghese, P.C., “Limit State Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures”
1. Mallick, D.K. and Gupta A.P., “Reinforced Concrete”, Oxford and IBH Publishing Company
2. Syal, I.C. and Goel, A.K., “Reinforced Concrete Structures”, A.H. Wheelers & Co. Pvt. Ltd., 1994
3. Ram Chandra, “Limit State Design”, Standard Book House.