RELIABILITY ENGINEERING AND APPLICATION TO POWER JNTU previous years question papers
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. (a) Explain the general characteristics of the binomial distribution?
(b) A product is claimed to be 90% free of defects. What is the expected value and standard deviation of the number of defects in a sample of 4? [8+8]
2. (a) A series system has 10 identical components. If the overall system reliability must be at least 0.99, what is the minimum reliability required of each component?
(b) Define minimal cut set. Explain the reliability analysis of complex systems using minimal cutest method. [8+8]
3. (a) Derive the expressions for the expected value and standard deviation of the exponential distribution.
(b) Consider the following reliability function, where t is in hours:
R(t) = 1/(0.001t+1)t 0
i. Find the reliability after 100 operating hours and after 1000 operating
ii. Derive the hazard rate function. Is it an increasing or a decreasing failure rate. [8+8]
4. The following STPM shows the transitional rates in per hour of a continuous Markov process.
0.90 0.05 0.05
0 0.95 0.05
0 0 1
(a) Construct state space diagram.
(b) Evaluate the MTTF given that the system starts in state 1. [8+8]
5. A pumping station has two identical pumps connected in parallel, each capable of supplying 3000 gallons/hr. The failure rate and repair rate of each is 0.5 f/hr and 4 r/hr respectively. Evaluate the frequency of encountering and duration of residing in each possible throughput state. 
6. A system consists of 12 units of 20 MW each having a forced outage rate of 0.01. Develop the capacity outage probability table and hence determine the cumulative probability of various capacity states.
7. (a) Explain how probability of failure and expected frequency of failure at a bus can be estimated for radial configuration of composite generation and transmissions system.
(b) Define and explain the various annualized Load Point Reliability Indices used for Bulk Power Systems Reliability analysis. 
8. Consider the radial distribution system with circuit breaker, lateral distributor protection and disconnects The failure rates and repair times of various components are given below.
Component ? (f/yr) r (hrs)
1 0.20 4
2 0.10 4
3 0.10 4
a 0.30 5
b 0.20 5
c 0.20 5
Evaluate the basic reliability indices of the system if fuse gear operates with a probability of 0.8.
January 6, 2012
Click Here To Register & Submit Your Resume !
Top Jobs in Wipro, CTS, Tech Mahindra. Register & Apply Now
Accenture Admission Notice - 2010 Admission Notification Anna University Anna University Chennai Anna University Question Papers Anna University Trichy Apparel Technology and Management Aptitude Questions Arts and Science Colleges Biomedical Engineering C and CPP Ebooks Calicut University CBSE Question papers Civil Engineering Civil Service Exams Colleges in India Colleges Result Computer Science Engineering Core Jobs CS R2008 CSE CSIR NET EBooks Download ECE EEE EIE Electives Electrical and Electronics Engineering Electronics and communication Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering Engineering Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra Engineering Colleges in TamilNadu Engineering Admissions Engineering Colleges Engineering Colleges in Karnataka Engineering Jobs Engineering Syllabus Entrance Exam Dates Entrance Exam Results Entrance Examination Exam Time Table Experiencer First Year Syllabus Freshers Full Time Jobs Government jobs in india Hardware and Networking Jobs Hotel Management and Catering Technology IGNOU Information Technology INTEVIEW QUESTIONS IT Jobs JNTU Question Papers Jobs in Bangalore Jobs in Chennai Jobs in Coimbatore Jobs in Delhi Jobs in Hyderabad Jobs in India Jobs in Kerala Jobs in Noida Jobs in Tamilnadu Jobs in TATA Karnataka Educations Lab Manuals Mechanical Engineering Medical Colleges Placement Papers Plus 2 Preparation for exams Private Jobs in India Question Papers Question Papers Download Results Announcement Semester 1 Semester 2 Semester 3 Semester 4 Semester 5 Semester 6 Semester 7 Semester 8 Syllabus Syllabus Download Tamil Movie TCS Placement Papers Teaching Jobs TECH MAHINDRA Textile Technology Top colleges University Results UPSC VICEVESVARAYA TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY waec Walk-in Interview Web Designers
- ► July ( 35 )
- ► June ( 113 )
- ► May ( 105 )
- ► April ( 79 )
- ► March ( 191 )
- ► February ( 230 )
- SWITCHGEAR AND PROTECTION JNTU previous years ques...
- UTILIZATION OF ELECTRICAL ENERGY JNTU previous yea...
- RELIABILITY ENGINEERING AND APPLICATION TO POWER J...
- Programmable Logic Controllers JNTU previous years...
- POWER SYSTEMS-2 JNTU previous years question paper...
- POWER SYSTEMS-1 JNTU previous years question paper...
- POWER SYSTEM OPERATION AND CONTROL JNTU previous y...
- POWER SYSTEM ANALYSIS JNTU previous years question...
- POWER ELECTRONICS JNTU previous years question pap...
- PRODUCTION PLANNING AND CONTROL JNTU previous year...
- NON-CONVENTIONAL SOURCES OF ENERGY JNTU previous y...
- NEURAL NETWORKS AND FUZZY LOGIC JNTU previous year...
- MICRO CONTROLLERS AND APPLICATIONS JNTU previous y...
- Management Science previous question papers JNTU
- LINEAR AND DIGITAL IC APPLICATONS JNTU previous ye...
- HVDC Transmission JNTU previous years question pap...
- HIGH VOLTAGE ENGINEERING JNTU previous years quest...
- FLUID MECHANICS AND HYDRAULIC MACHINERY JNTU previ...
- ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELDS JNTU previous years questio...
- ELECTRICAL MEASUREMENTS JNTU previous years questi...
- DIGITAL CONTROL SYSTEMS JNTU previous years questi...
- ELECTRICAL DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS JNTU previous year...
- ELECTRICAL MACHINES-1 JNTU previous years question...
- ELECTRICAL MACHINES-2 JNTU previous years question...
- ELECTRICAL MACHINES-3 JNTU previous years question...
- ADVANCED CONTROL SYSTEMS JNTU previous years quest...
- ELECTRONIC DEVICES AND CIRCUITS JNTU previous year...
- CONTROL SYSTEMS JNTU previous years question paper...
- Clerk recruitment in Chandigarh Courts Jan-2012
- (EXPERIENCED) Walk-In @ "CORPORATE EXECUTIVE BOARD...
- (EXPERIENCED) Walk-In @ "ROBERT BOSCH INDIA" : Mul...
- (0-1 Years) Walk-In @ "SENSIPLE SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS...
- (EXPERIENCED) Walk-In @ "SOFTLABS SOLUTIONS" : .NE...
- Burdwan University BA Part II (Hons & Gen) Examina...
- Haryana Police Constable Computer Operator Jan 201...
- Aliah University Kolkata Ph.D Admission 2012
- Indian School of Mines Dhanbad Admission 2012
- Jiwaji University M Sc Biotech (Revised) / M Com I...
- Calcutta University PhD Programme in Archaeology A...
- HNB Garhwal University B Ed Exam 2010 (Centre-190 ...
- Kota University B Sc Part I / II / III (Reval) Exa...
- SPU M Sc Physics II Semester (CBCS) Exam November ...
- ▼ Jan 06 ( 42 )
- ► December ( 397 )
- ► November ( 228 )
- ► December ( 38 )
- ► November ( 50 )
- ► October ( 58 )
- ► September ( 115 )
- ► August ( 81 )
- ► June ( 157 )
- ► May ( 229 )
- ► April ( 145 )
- ► March ( 455 )
- ► February ( 195 )