Read Here for More Information
Syllabus for FOCP as well as all subjects of anna univ has been released and it can be followed by all 5 anna universities located in different parts of tamilnadu.
YOu can download this syllabus as a pdf here
GE2112 FUNDAMENTALS OF COMPUTING AND PROGRAMMING
UNIT I INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTERS
Introduction – Characteristics of Computers – Evolution of Computers - Computer
Generations – Classification of Computers – Basic Computer organization – Number
UNIT II COMPUTER SOFTWARE
Computer Software –Types of Software – Software Development Steps – Internet Evolution - Basic Internet Terminology – Getting connected to Internet Applications.
UNIT III PROBLEM SOLVING AND OFFICE APPLICATION SOFTWARE
Planning the Computer Program – Purpose – Algorithm – Flow Charts – Pseudocode -
Application Software Packages- Introduction to Office Packages (not detailed commands for examination).
UNIT IV INTRODUCTION TO C
Overview of C – Constants, Variables and Data Types – Operators and Expressions –
Managing Input and Output operators – Decision Making - Branching and Looping.
UNIT V FUNCTIONS AND POINTERS
Handling of Character Strings – User-defined Functions – Definitions – Declarations -
Call by reference – Call by value – Structures and Unions – Pointers – Arrays – The
Preprocessor – Developing a C Program : Some Guidelines
1. Ashok.N.Kamthane,“ Computer Programming”, Pearson Education (India) (2008).
2. Behrouz A.Forouzan and Richard.F.Gilberg, “A Structured Programming Approach
Using C”, II Edition, Brooks-Cole Thomson Learning Publications, (2007).
1. Pradip Dey, Manas Ghoush, “Programming in C”, Oxford University Press. (2007).
2. Byron Gottfried, “Programming with C”, 2 Nd Edition, (Indian Adapted Edition), TMH publications, (2006).
3. Stephen G.Kochan, “Programming in C”, Third Edition, Pearson Education India, (2005).
4. Brian W.Kernighan and Dennis M.Ritchie, “The C Programming Language”, Pearson
Education Inc., (2005).
5. E.Balagurusamy, “Computing fundamentals and C Programming”, Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Company Limited, (2008).
6. S.Thamarai Selvi and R.Murugan, “C for All”, Anuradha Publishers, (2008).230: