Read here for Latest Updates on Anna University Results 2014 Tamilnadu
Syllabus for FOCP as well as all subjects of anna univ has been released and it can be followed by all 5 anna universities located in different parts of tamilnadu.
YOu can download this syllabus as a pdf here
GE2112 FUNDAMENTALS OF COMPUTING AND PROGRAMMING
UNIT I INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTERS
Introduction – Characteristics of Computers – Evolution of Computers - Computer
Generations – Classification of Computers – Basic Computer organization – Number
UNIT II COMPUTER SOFTWARE
Computer Software –Types of Software – Software Development Steps – Internet Evolution - Basic Internet Terminology – Getting connected to Internet Applications.
UNIT III PROBLEM SOLVING AND OFFICE APPLICATION SOFTWARE
Planning the Computer Program – Purpose – Algorithm – Flow Charts – Pseudocode -
Application Software Packages- Introduction to Office Packages (not detailed commands for examination).
UNIT IV INTRODUCTION TO C
Overview of C – Constants, Variables and Data Types – Operators and Expressions –
Managing Input and Output operators – Decision Making - Branching and Looping.
UNIT V FUNCTIONS AND POINTERS
Handling of Character Strings – User-defined Functions – Definitions – Declarations -
Call by reference – Call by value – Structures and Unions – Pointers – Arrays – The
Preprocessor – Developing a C Program : Some Guidelines
1. Ashok.N.Kamthane,“ Computer Programming”, Pearson Education (India) (2008).
2. Behrouz A.Forouzan and Richard.F.Gilberg, “A Structured Programming Approach
Using C”, II Edition, Brooks-Cole Thomson Learning Publications, (2007).
1. Pradip Dey, Manas Ghoush, “Programming in C”, Oxford University Press. (2007).
2. Byron Gottfried, “Programming with C”, 2 Nd Edition, (Indian Adapted Edition), TMH publications, (2006).
3. Stephen G.Kochan, “Programming in C”, Third Edition, Pearson Education India, (2005).
4. Brian W.Kernighan and Dennis M.Ritchie, “The C Programming Language”, Pearson
Education Inc., (2005).
5. E.Balagurusamy, “Computing fundamentals and C Programming”, Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Company Limited, (2008).
6. S.Thamarai Selvi and R.Murugan, “C for All”, Anuradha Publishers, (2008).230: