B.E/B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION,NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2010
Computer Science and Engineering
CS 2305 - PROGRAMMING PARADIGMS
Answer ALL questions
PART A - (16 x 2 = 20)
1. Define Objects and classes in java.
2. How does one import a single package?
3. What is meant by Inheritance Hierrarchy? Give an example.
4. In Java what is the use of Interface?
5. What are the steps needed to show a Frame?
6. What is the function of
(a) Set Layout and
(b) Flow Layout?
7. Give any two methods available in Stack trace Element.
8. Define Assertions and give its syntax.
9. What are the different states in thread?
10. What do you mean Synchronization?
11. (a)(i) What is constructor? What is the use of new method? [Marks 4]
(ii) Give the syntax for static method and its initialization. [Marks 4]
(iii) Explain arrays in java. [Marks 8]
(b) (i) What is class? How do you define a class in java? [Marks 4]
(ii) Explain the following in Strings:
(2) Substrings. [Marks 4]
(iii) Explain any four methods available in string handling. [Marks 4]
(iv) What is a package? How does a compiler locate packages? [Marks 4]
12. (a) (i) Explain Inheritance and class hierarchy. [Marks 8]
(ii) Define Polymorphism. [Marks 2]
(iii) Write briefly on Abstract classes with an example. [Marks 6]
(b) (i) Explain the following with examples:
(1) The clone able interface
(2) The property interface. [Marks 8]
(ii) What is a static Inner class? Explain with example. [Marks 8]
13. (a) (i) Explain the AWT Event handling in detail. [Marks 8]
(ii) Give the methods available in graphics for COLOR. [Marks 4]
(iii) List the methods available to draw shapes. [Marks 4]
(b)(i) Explain the characteristics of model view Controller design patterns. [Marks 4]
(ii) Explain the advantage and explain the methods in Model view controller.[Marks 12]
14. (a) (i) Explain the generic classes and generic methods with example. [Marks 8]
(ii) Explain the exception hierarchy [Marks 8]
(b) (i) Explain the concept of throwing and catching exception in java. [Marks 8]
(ii) State the situations where assertions are not used. [Marks 4]
(iii) Give an overview of logging [Marks 4]
15. (a) (i) What is a thread? Explain its states and methods. [Marks 8]
(ii) Explain thread properties. [Marks 8]
(b) (i) Explain the methods of interrupting threads in java. [Marks 8]
(ii) What is Event- driven programming? Explain. [Marks 8]
August 14, 2011
Click Here To Register & Submit Your Resume !
Top Jobs in Wipro, CTS, Tech Mahindra. Register & Apply Now
Accenture Admission Notice - 2010 Admission Notification Anna University Anna University Chennai Anna University Question Papers Anna University Trichy Apparel Technology and Management Aptitude Questions Arts and Science Colleges Biomedical Engineering Calicut University C and CPP Ebooks CBSE Question papers Civil Engineering Civil Service Exams Colleges in India Colleges Result Computer Science Engineering Core Jobs CSE CSIR NET CS R2008 EBooks Download ECE EEE EIE Electives Electrical and Electronics Engineering Electronics and communication Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering Engineering Engineering Admissions Engineering Colleges Engineering Colleges in Karnataka Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra Engineering Colleges in TamilNadu Engineering Jobs Engineering Syllabus Entrance Exam Dates Entrance Examination Entrance Exam Results Exam Time Table Experiencer First Year Syllabus Freshers Full Time Jobs Government jobs in india Hardware and Networking Jobs Hotel Management and Catering Technology IGNOU Information Technology INTEVIEW QUESTIONS IT Jobs JNTU Question Papers Jobs in Bangalore Jobs in Chennai Jobs in Coimbatore Jobs in Delhi Jobs in Hyderabad Jobs in India Jobs in Kerala Jobs in Noida Jobs in Tamilnadu Jobs in TATA Karnataka Educations Lab Manuals Mechanical Engineering Medical Colleges Placement Papers Plus 2 Preparation for exams Private Jobs in India Question Papers Question Papers Download Results Announcement Semester 1 Semester 2 Semester 3 Semester 4 Semester 5 Semester 6 Semester 7 Semester 8 Syllabus Syllabus Download Tamil Movie TCS Placement Papers Teaching Jobs TECH MAHINDRA Textile Technology Top colleges University Results UPSC VICEVESVARAYA TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY waec Walk-in Interview Web Designers
- ► July ( 35 )
- ► June ( 113 )
- ► May ( 105 )
- ► April ( 79 )
- ► March ( 191 )
- ► February ( 230 )
- ► January ( 277 )
- ► December ( 397 )
- ► November ( 228 )
- CS2305 - programming paradigms -010 Anna Universit...
- Model question paper for Net/slet exam for compute...
- Political Science Question Papers of NET Exam June...
- TOEFL Examination Syllabus
- Top 100 engineering colleges in tamilnadu 2011
- Top 100 Engineering colleges in Andhra Pradesh 201...
- ANNA UNIVERSITY Madurai COLLEGES RANK LIST 2011
- ANNA UNIVERSITY CHENNAI COLLEGES RANK LIST 2011
- ANNA UNIVERSITY TRICHY COLLEGES RANK LIST 2011
- ▼ Aug 14 ( 9 )
- ► December ( 38 )
- ► November ( 50 )
- ► October ( 58 )
- ► September ( 115 )
- ► August ( 81 )
- ► June ( 157 )
- ► May ( 229 )
- ► April ( 145 )
- ► March ( 455 )
- ► February ( 195 )