Read Here for More Information
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY HYDERABAD
MBA-III Semester Regular Examinations February -2010
LOGISTICS AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
Answer any Five questions
All questions carry equal marks
- - -
1. Discuss the goal of a supply chain and explain the impact of supply chain decisions
on the success of a firm.
2. How can the full set of logistical and cross-functional drivers be used to create
strategic fit for a PC manufacturer targeting both time sensitive and price-conscious
3. Why is it important to consider uncertainty when evaluating supply chain design
4. What role does forecasting play in the supply chain? Identify the components of
5. What is the difference between lot-sized-based and volume based quantity
discounts? When are quantity discounts justified in a supply chain?
6. Discuss key drivers that may be used to their transportation. How does tailoring
7. What are the four possible strategies in setting up global integrated logistics
channels and how does each one operate?
8. What is a channel distribution? How are logistics and marketing mutually
dependent on each other in making sure that the channel operates efficiently and