Read here for Latest Updates on Anna University Results 2014 Tamilnadu
ANNA UNIVERSITY CHENNAI: CHENNAI – 600 025
B.E DEGREE PROGRAMME COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
(Offered in Colleges affiliated to Anna University)
CURRICULUM AND SYLLABUS – REGULATIONS – 2004
B.E. COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
LIST OF ELECTIVES
IT1352 CRYPTOGRAPHY AND NETWORK SECURITY
To understand the principles of encryption algorithms; conventional and public key cryptography. To have a detailed knowledge about authentication, hash functions and application level security mechanisms.
• To know the methods of conventional encryption.
• To understand the concepts of public key encryption and number theory
• To understand authentication and Hash functions.
• To know the network security tools and applications.
• To understand the system level security used.
UNIT I INTRODUCTION 10
OSI Security Architecture - Classical Encryption techniques – Cipher Principles – Data Encryption Standard – Block Cipher Design Principles and Modes of Operation - Evaluation criteria for AES – AES Cipher – Triple DES – Placement of Encryption Function – Traffic Confidentiality
UNIT II PUBLIC KEY CRYPTOGRAPHY 10
Key Management - Diffie-Hellman key Exchange – Elliptic Curve Architecture and Cryptography - Introduction to Number Theory – Confidentiality using Symmetric Encryption – Public Key Cryptography and RSA.
UNIT III AUTHENTICATION AND HASH FUNCTION 9
Authentication requirements – Authentication functions – Message Authentication Codes – Hash Functions – Security of Hash Functions and MACs – MD5 message Digest algorithm - Secure Hash Algorithm – RIPEMD – HMAC Digital Signatures – Authentication Protocols – Digital Signature Standard
UNIT IV NETWORK SECURITY 8
Authentication Applications: Kerberos – X.509 Authentication Service – Electronic Mail Security – PGP – S/MIME - IP Security – Web Security.
UNIT V SYSTEM LEVEL SECURITY 8
Intrusion detection – password management – Viruses and related Threats – Virus Counter measures – Firewall Design Principles – Trusted Systems.
TOTAL : 60
1. William Stallings, “Cryptography And Network Security – Principles and Practices”, Prentice Hall of India, Third Edition, 2003.
1. Atul Kahate, “Cryptography and Network Security”, Tata McGraw-Hill, 2003.
2. Bruce Schneier, “Applied Cryptography”, John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2001.
3. Charles B. Pfleeger, Shari Lawrence Pfleeger, “Security in Computing”, Third Edition, Pearson Education, 2003.